XIV International travel fair “INTOURMARKET- 2019” was held at IEC Crocus Expo 9-11th of March.
Official support of the exhibition:
- Government of the Russian Federation
- Ministry of Economic development of the Russian Federation
- Council of Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
- State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
- Federal agency for tourism
With support and participation of non-governmental organizations:
- World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Russian Union of Tourism Industry (RUTI)
- Association of Tour Operators of Russia (ATOR)
- General Partner: Tourist Association of Russian Regions (TARR)
- General B2B information partner: Profi.Travel
- General information partner: Vesti. Tourism
The regions with a partner status boosted the Intourmarket 2019:
- Strategic Partner of the exhibition: Altai region
- General Partner region: Tver region
- Partner region: Vologda region
- Registration zone Partner: Yaroslavl region
Olga Golodets, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, took part in the official opening ceremony of the exhibition. She said that the state primarily intends to support those destinations and resorts where investing budget funds entails an influx of private investment. According to her, these are first and foremost the “Golden Ring”, “Silver Necklace”, the resorts of the Altai region and the Crimea. “I am very pleased to see everyone at the exhibition, which is held for the fourteenth time. Today, the Russian Federation gives full attention to the development of tourism. We make ambitious plans to support and promote our tourism products. Our task is to open up Russia both for Russian tourists and guests of the country. A very serious tourism support program is being implemented, we support specific destinations to help businesses come and create new products and new services.
We see the development potential of the industry; it really is ahead of the potential, perhaps, of other sectors of the economy. Both Russian and foreign tourists focus on national products. Therefore, the exhibition and the program are well-timed,” said Olga Golodets, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation.
The following statesmen and public figures took part in the inauguration of the exhibition:
- Sergey Galkin, Deputy Minister of Economic development of the Russian Federation;
- Alexey Konyushkov, Deputy Head of the Federal agency for tourism;
- Valery Ryazansky, Chairman of the Council of the Federation Committee on social policy;
- Pavel Dytyatev, Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Altai region, Minister of Economic development of the Altai region;
- Svetlana Anufrienko, General Director of the Association for Economic Cooperation of the subjects of the Russian Federation;
- Sergey Shpilko, President of the Russian Union of Travel Industry.
“Intourmarket” is the only exhibition in Russia that represents a complete national tourist product — absolutely all regions of Russia participate in it, either with a booth or as part of collective expositions. A vast majority of regions — from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok showcased at the fair. And this year many brand routes — “Sovereign’s Road”, “Golden Ring of Russia”, “Enisey Siberia”, “Silver Necklace of Russia”, “Eastern Ring”, “Imperial Route”, “Russian Arctic” organized themed collective expositions.
At the same time, the traditional leaders of the outbound tourist flow of Russians: Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Germany, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus and other countries for which Russia is a traditional and favorite market, are exhibitors of the Intourmarket. The CIS countries traditionally demonstrate active and meaningful participation in the exhibition.
Exhibition visitors could learn about the offers of tour operators and accommodation facilities, discover new tourist routes, take part in contests and voucher draws, as well as try the exhibitors’ national food and see performances of their folklore groups.
Profile of the Intourmarket-2019 International travel fair
- Area: 18,000 square meters
- Exhibitors: 1310
- Visitors: over 62500
- Accredited media: over 360
- Hosted Buyers: 60
Impressive business program
Professionals of the travel industry participated in an eventful business program, discussed common problems with their colleagues and searched for their solutions. The business program included more than 170 events — meetings, conferences, seminars, presentations and round tables, the most significant of which were:
- Joint session of the Expert Council on tourism of the Committee on physical culture, sports, tourism and youth affairs of the State Duma of the Russian Federation and the coordinating Council of the “Live lessons” project. After the session, the winners and laureates of the all- Russian contest “Best practices of children’s tourism-2018” were awarded;
- Extended meeting of the organizers and participants of the Patterns of Russian cities interregional project, during which a public meeting “Ethnic tourism and national artistic trades and crafts as a driver of territorial development, tourism and the creative clusters” was held.
- Interuniversity conference on educational issues in tourism: “Educational issues in tourism” that touched upon modern models of training, practice-oriented training, improvement of professional skills of travel experts;
- Round table: “Tourism of the senior generation: challenges and opportunities.” The event was held with the support of the World Senior Tourism Congress;
- All-Russian meeting on topical issues of tourism development in the Russian Federation, organized by the Ministry of Economic development of the Russian Federation and the Federal agency for tourism. The meeting included a plenary assembly, a strategic session “Development of hospitality in the Russian Federation” and an annual gathering of tourist information centers of Russia (TIC). The highlighted topics included the issues related to organizing a session of the General Assembly of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) in September in St. Petersburg and the introduction of electronic visas for foreign tourists. Also, representatives of the regions spoke about the operating experience working with foreign fans during the 2018 FIFA World Cup;
- The Section of Socially Responsible Tourism (SRT): experts-practitioners of socially responsible tourism spoke about issues related to the infrastructure innovation changes in the regional economy in tourism with the help of civic activists. The organizer is the International Responsible tourism center;
- Round table for media “Information support for regional tourist products and the implementation of special information projects”, organized by FROS Region PR;
- Strategic session “Go to IT. The future is already today ”- the best practices in IT and online technologies aimed at improving the quality of tourist services in the Russian regions;
- The meeting of the Regional Council of the RUTI (Russian Union of Travel Industry), during which a section on the interaction of the tourist industry and the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC) was held;
- All-Russian Conference “Regional aspects of the development of rural tourism in Russia”, organized by the ANO “Agency for rural initiatives development” (ANO “ARSI”);
- Discussion panel “Dialogues with tour operators. ‘Golden Ring’ of Russia a year later — predictable by tour operators ”, organizer: Union of the Golden Ring Cities;
- Seminar “The unexpected Moscow, the unknown Russia — new programs of the tour operator “Roza Vetrov”;
- Forum — Competition “Hospitable Russia: Skills for the development and promotion of the tourist potential of the territory”;
- VIII Scientific and Practical Conference “Real Russia” dedicated to the development of tourism in small historical cities;
- All-Russian Conference “Children’s tourism in Russia: challenges and ways of development”, organizers: Commission of the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation on the development of public diplomacy, humanitarian cooperation and the preservation of traditional values and the Federal center for tourism and local history;
- The Interregional cultural and educational program “Tracery of Russian cities”, the organizers are the management of the Intourmarket fair, with the support of the Federal agency for tourism;
- Plenary meeting “Strategy for the development of tourism until 2035 in the interests of the regions of the Russian Federation”, organized by: TARR and the organizing committee of the Intourmarket Fair;
- Round table “Regional tourist product as easy as one-two-three. Recipes for successful projects: tourist events, routes, souvenirs”, organizers: the Commission of the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation on territorial development and local self-Government, the Public Council under the Federal agency for tourism.
This year, during the “Intourmarket”, the participating regions signed 16 official agreements on cooperation in the field of tourism.
And the third day of the expo was dedicated to the event tourism. During this day, the IV All-Russian Forum “Russia Eventful” took place; it was organized by ITM organizers, the national prize of the Russian Event Awards and the Public council under the Federal agency for tourism.
The Hosted Buyers program
The program is aimed at support for small and medium-sized businesses in tourism, provision of a range of services targeted at professional development and establishment of business contacts between exhibitors and professionals in the tourism sector. The program “Hosted Buyers” is fully funded by ITM organizers.
The Hosted Buyer’s package includes: free travel from the city of stay to Moscow and back; free hotel accommodation; inclusion of information about the participant in the official catalog of the exhibition; participation in a pre-planned business program.
This year, 60 travel agencies from Russia participated in the program.
All Intourmarket guests gladly note the amazing holiday atmosphere created at the exhibition. And travel industry professionals rightly appreciate the opportunity provided for both discussing relevant issues in a close dialogue, and finding a solution to many pressing topics.
Exhibition organizer: Expotour LLC (Russia)
The complete program of Intourmarket events can be found on the exhibition website www.itmexpo.ru/en
See you at Intourmarket 2020, which will be held on March 12-14 at a new venue — the Expocentre fairgrounds in the heart of Moscow!
Back to list